Fire Trucks at the Pool

 ๐Ÿš’ ๐Ÿš’

You know you are retired when you listen to the police scanner for fun. Here’s a good night story for you ๐Ÿ˜ด

    Today around 5:00 I got a call from one of our best lifeguards, Sarah, in a somewhat worried voice. Her first words to me were “We have a big problem.”
    She explained that while the guards were closing the pool because of a separate issue with ๐Ÿคฎ, they heard a sudden and loud hissing noise coming from behind the green fence where all of the maintenance and pump equipment rest. As she looked over, she spotted a stream of gas and steam coming from one of the O2 tanks. Unsure of what of it was or what to do, she called me at home.
Immediately I asked if anyone was injured, and luckily there was not so I instructed Sarah to evacuate the area, but at the same time making sure no members go into the pool areas until further notice. Sarah passed the word on to the other guards, cleared the pool deck from members and waited for further instruction.
    I couldn’t get a hold of Mike (our Pool Maintenance man) or our 02 supplier (Airgas) so I called 911 and led the conversation by saying everyone is safe and nobody is hurt... but ... and I repeated what I knew from Sarah.
    As I’m approaching the pool parking lot, Katlin (my wife) calls me to tell me her mom heard on the scanner that there was an 02 leak at LCC. You see, She was driving Noelle and Maverick to my parents house for dinner so she didn’t know, that I had already left forr LCC ๐Ÿ˜‚.  
     The fire department arrived and the nice firemen couldn’t find a problem, (isn’t that always the way?!) no signs of a leak, gas scent or trace of harm. But we all agreed and I’m sure you will too...
BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.  YOU JUST NEVER KNOW.
    The reason this is on the blog is so you know the truth about why there were fire trucks at the pool today around 5:15-5:30.  If my mother-in-law heard it, chances are you did too. Not to mention there was a gang of kids hanging around and I don’t want anyone getting mixed signals about what turned out to be a happy ending, but extremely scary for the lifeguards. If you read this, give a high five to Sarah, Danny and David next time you see them. They acted quickly, professionally and made wise decisions to keep our members safe and healthy.  



Tonight’s Goodnight Story told by: Christopher T. Marchand


The next story is called “What lies beneath: The Filters”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After School Hours 8-28 8-29

Good News! Extended pool days & hours

After school Hours 9-4, 9-5, 9-7